- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, sliced into thick sections
- 1 cup yucca root, peeled and cut (or use a small bag of frozen Yucca)
- 1 plantain, ripe and cut into 1-inch sections with skin on
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 3 cabbage leaves, cut into thick strips
- sazon goya
- 10 -15 cups water
- salt, Pepper, and Adobo to taste
- Cut and peel all veggetables and protein as needed.
- Place all of the veggetables on the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Layer all of the proteins on top of the veggetables.
- Add Sazon to 2 cups of water and stir well. Pour water over proteins.
- Sprinkle proteins with a liberal amount of Adobo.
- Pour in water until the slow cooker is full.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 4. Test meat for doneness before you turn off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!