Collard Greens With Neckbones
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 lbs pork necks
- 4 lbs collard greens
- 1⁄2 cup bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 red pepper pods
- 1 large white onion
- Prepare neckbones by washing them in warm to hot water with a little kosher salt. Set aside.
- Chop onion in bite size pieces.
- In a large pot add bacon grease and onions. Cook until onions start to caramelize.
- Add neckbone and cover with hot water.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare your collard green by removing the long stalks and any discolored leafs.
- Wash collard greens in warm water. Warm water will make sand sink to the bottom of the sink.
- Add your collard green into your pot of neckbones.
- Add Lawry's salt and pepper pods. Break pepper pods into.
- Cook over low heat for about 45 minutes or until desire tenderness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, My name is Cindy. I am a mother of two girls...12 yrs. and 6 yrs. Married for 22 years. Our family is Bi-Racial. Therefore, you will see me posting many soul food recipe. Most will come from my dear mother-in-law and some from my dear mom...My DH and I are both from Tn. We own and operate a Child Care Center. Yes....I am a pre-school teacher. Children are my passion....would have had 6 children...however...we started having little ones later in live....Better late than never.:) If you have children feed them well and teach them how to cook while they are young. Our girls love to cook. We cook dinner together each night. Oh...need I say that our girls will eat anything....No picky eater in this family.... Enjoy our family recipes.....:)