Coleslaw Without Mayo
- Ready In:
- 1 small green cabbage head, shredded
- 1 small red cabbage head, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Combine cabbage, pepper, celery, carrot, onion & sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, oil & salt in a saucepan, & bring to a boil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours to chill.
- Drain most of liquid out before serving(there will be a lot).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Besides scaling the recipe down (only needed enough for 2 people) I followed this recipe exactly. I love regular coleslaw with mayo, but Hubby does not, so this was a good compromise for us. It does taste better the longer you let it sit. This was very tasty & incredibly easy, and I would definately make this again, so thank you for posting it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a firefighter in Everett, Mass. Love to travel, work, playing golf, and cooking, but not always in that order.<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">