Cold Southwestern Corn and Shrimp Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
No-Cook Meal, Everyday Food, June 2007 Edition. Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp. Using frozen corn and shrimp saves a lot of time in this no-cook soup . . . .
- Ready In:
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb cooked frozen shrimp, thawed, roughly chopped, reserving 4 whole shrimp
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- In a blender, working in two batches, puree corn, yogurt, milk, lime juice, coriander, and cayenne.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Stir in chopped shrimp, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION