Cold Mozzarella Cheese Dip
This dip is one that I am always told to bring to a gathering. We have found that we like to use half mozzarella and half colby cheese or I add some sharp cheddar for a change of pace. It is REALLY good as a spread on a ham sandwich as well. (This is the original recipe I was given, I have altered some of the ingredient amounts though for more flavor.)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried onion, minced (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash garlic salt (I recommend using 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 dash seasoning salt (I recommend using 1 tsp.)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with raw vegetables, tortilla chips or potato chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
One of our school coaches makes this for parties. He uses tons of raw crushed garlic instead of dried, and a good quarter cup of chopped fresh parsley but otherwise the same recipe. He also says you have to let it sit overnight in the fridge to really develop. I can't argue with perfection! This dip is fantastic!