Cold Cellophane Noodle Salad
- Ready In:
FOR THE SALAD
- 9 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, slivered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 an English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large scallions, including green parts, finely diced
- 4 ounces tofu, puffs sliced into strips
- 4 cups boiling water
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (korean chili sauce)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- Pour the boiling water over the noodles in a large bowl. Make sure the noodles are submerged. Cover the bowl with a lid or large plate and allow to soak for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Take off the cover and stir after about 4 minutes and allow to soak again until the noodles are firm to the bit but full cooked.
- Pour the noodles into a colonder and run ice cold water over them until they are cool and not at all sticky. Set aside.
- Slice all the vegetables and tofu and add them to your serving bowl.
- Add cold noodles and toss until they are well incorporated with the vegetables.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Add sauce to the salad and mix with your hands.
- Serve with pan fried dumplings. YUM!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 26, married with two four legged children:-). My husband and I love to spend time playing scrabble, riding our bikes, messing around with our dogs and in general enjoying life. We just joined our local Adult Kickball league so we're both excited about that! We do have to figure out ways to work off all the yummy food I make from 'Zaar after all:-)