Cold Beet Borscht (Soup)
- Ready In:
- Note: Keep Buttermilk chilled.
- Cube and boil potatoes in salted water for 15 mins, drain and set aside to
- Using a hand grater; finely grate the onion and cucumber into a large bowl.
- Thinly shred the beets, also using the hand grater, and add to bowl.
- Now, add the buttermilk, sour cream, chopped eggs, salt, and dill weed. Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Put some of the boiled potatoes in individual soup bowl, pour soup over, and
- enjoy. (Sometimes, if I have green onions available, I will slice them up
- and saute in margarine, and pour over the potatoes before adding the
- buttermilk.) -- YUMMY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!