Colby Bacon Hamburgers
Quick grilling hamburgers topped with bean sprouts, and tomato.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- mayonnaise (for topping) or mustard (for topping)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 tomatoes (sliced in 4 slices)
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients, mix well, and shape in 4 patties.
- Place patties on grill, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise or mustard (or a mixture) and spread 2 tablespoons bean sprouts, and a slice of tomato over each patty and top with remaining buns.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great burgers! I don't normally use bacon bits, so I cooked some bacon and crumbled it into the meat mixture. I also added some salt and pepper. Loved the horseradish in them...very nice. Really enjoyed the bean sprouts on the burger...nice and crisp! Thanks for sharing....made for Football Tag. Congrats on your win!
What a flavorful burger! Made these for our dinner tonight and was very impressed how well these turned out. I followed the directions as written except that I had no bacon bits, so those did not go in. I used grass-fed ground buffalo and added 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper to the mixture. These were pretty wet to handle, but I made 4 nice sized patties, and broiled them on high 5 minutes, flipped and then an additional 3 minutes. They came out perfect. DH chose the mayo option and I served his on a super-thin bagel bun. Mine was bunless. Delicious ! We were both really impressed with the flavors. I will definitely make my burgers this way again. Thanks for posting - made for your week #2 Football Pool win!