Cola Chicken Drumsticks
photo by rpgaymer
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 8 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks, trimmed of excess fat
- peanut oil, for frying
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Combine the cola, onion, brown sugar, garlic, ketchup, ginger, mustard, Worcestershire, and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; set the marinade aside. Pat the chicken dry. In a deep skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 inch of peanut oil. Working in batches, fry the chicken, turning occasionally, until the skin begins to crisp and brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to paper towels to drain. Discard the oil.
- Put the reserved marinade and chicken broth into the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes, turning once. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Boil the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Feel free to use my recipes.