Coffee Rubbed Steak With Garlic Basil Butter Topper
photo by Stephanie
- Ready In:
- 2 rib eye steaks
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 tablespoons coffee (finely ground)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 5 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- Mix all dry ingredients for rub and coat both sides of steak. Cover and put the steaks into the fridge for at least 40 minutes. (Remove steaks and allow to sit on counter 30 minutes prior to grilling.).
- While steaks sit, take out butter, garlic, and basil. Cut basil and use a garlic press to smash garlic, mixing both into the butter. Cover and place in the fridge. (Remove butter when taking the steaks out to come to room temperature).
- Preheat grill. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown + slightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip steaks over and continue to grill (3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, 5 to 7 minutes for medium, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well.
- Remove from grill and top with basil garlic butter. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes on cutting board or plate before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a teacher with a passion for cooking. Anything from good old fashioned comfort food to bright healthy recipes. My boyfriend and I often will make recipes of our own just by mixing and matching food ideas. We love the quality time the family table offers us.