Coffee in My Caramel!
This is a simply wonderful treat, each bite of these chewy caramels is flavored with butter and coffee. You will find them hard to put down, somehow they are hard to keep around, they disappear quickly. This recipe makes 1.5 lbs of candy and can easily be doubled.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄8 cups dark brown sugar, well packed
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup brazil nut, coarsley chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with enough parchment paper for it to extend over the edges of the pan.
- In a heavy pot melt the butter, then stir in the sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup and instant coffee granuals.
- Don't forget to use your candy thermometer and boil the mixture over medium heat, making sure to stirr constantly, for 15 - 20 minutes until the desired temperature is achieved (248 degrees F - 120 C).
- Next remove the pot from heat and remove the candy thermometer and stir in your coarsley chopped nuts.
- Pour quickly into the prepared pan and spred spread evenly, when cooled cut into 1" squares and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
excellent recipe! came together very well, and tastes great! cut it while it was still warm, and rolled some into balls. after a night in the fridge, they are rock hard :) I used golden syrup, and left out the nuts this time. I am thinking of doing these in a bigger pan, and then rolling the toffee up, and cutting it like a jam roll, then putting a little white chocolate on top. made for Aussie swap, nov 2009
Boy DID WE EVER ENJOY THESE !! Made recipe as posted except I added alittle I mean little pecans to them had very little of these to use. Nonetheless, they were just right in our opinion. The kids were surprised then they came home, had to fight them off so they could save room for dinner. Made for Holiday Tag.
HEAVEN !!!!!!! This a great soft creamy caramel. Turned out great for my first time making caramels. The coffee flavour is subtle. I used a mix of pecans and hazelnuts. The hardest part is cutting so i suggest wiping the knife with butter or a cooking spray and wiping after each cut. Made for Comfort Cafe Jan 2009 and Photo Tag Jan 2009