Coffee Flavored English Butter Toffee
- Ready In:
1 1/2 pounds candy
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons karo corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup double strength espresso coffee
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare 9 by13 inch pan by lining the inside with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and espresso.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
- Clip on candy thermometer and continue to stir occasionally until temperature reaches 195°F (hard crack stage).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, wait 2 minutes then spread chocolate evenly over candy Sprinkle nuts over chocolate, shaking dish side to side to coat.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Let stand at room temperature to cool complete, break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!