- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream or 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups very strong coffee or 1 1/4 cups espresso
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Scald milk or cream Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until foamy.
- Add the milk or cream and the coffee and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into individual custard cups OR one 6-cup baking dish, and set in pan of hot water in a pre-heated oven. (The water should come half-way up the sides of the dish.).
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the centre comes out dry. (A 6-cup dish will take at least 15 minutes longer than individual custard cups.).
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
An older - not wiser - gentleman who enjoys preparing food ... and values those times spent sharing same with friends. Is there a better feeling than the sublime mellowness and goodwill which, by candle-light, can blanket pleasant company at the end of a splendid meal?