Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar Pecan Streusel (Low Fat)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This coffee cake is pretty darn perfect, AND it is way lower in fat than regular coffee cake that normally uses sour cream and a stick of butter! You will love this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Streusel and filling are the first five ingredients listed.
- Make the filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa in a bowl, set aside.
- Make the cake my stirring together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla and oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 3 Tablespoons butter and white sugar. This will resemble crumbs.
- Add the wet ingredients, (egg mixture) to the sugar butter and mix together until well combined.
- Add the flours, (1 cup white and 3 tbls. whole wheat) baking powder, and salt to the batter and now mix all together until well combined. Batter will be on the thick side.
- Grease an 8 inch pan and add half the batter to the pan.
- Now take the brown sugar cinnamon cocoa mixture and sprinkle half of it on the top of the batter in the pan.
- Put the remaining cake batter on top of the filling. This might require you to spread it evenly over the filling.
- Add 1/4 flour, 2 Tablespoons butter, and finely chopped pecans to the remaining brown sugar mixture to make the streusel topping.
- Place streusel on top of cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION