Coffee and Pepper Crusted New York Steaks
From The Art of the Grill
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 (3/4 lb) New York strip steaks (each 1-inch thick)
- vegetable oil (for brushing the cooking grate)
- kosher salt
- Coarsely grind the coffee beans and peppercorns in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Press the mixture evenly on both sides of the steaks.
- Brush the grill grate with vegetable oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill directly over high heat; grill for about 8-10 minutes, turning once (or cook until desired doneness).
- Remove steaks from the grill; season both sides with salt.
- Let the steaks rest 2-3 minutes before serving; serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a different recipe but not for everyone - I loved it, my friend didn't. I really didn't know what to expect - the result is a hot peppery flavor that tingles your taste buds - A definite will do again I used a top sirloin, cooked on my Griddler. The outside was crusty and the inside medium rare - Only took 6 minutes Thanks for a new taste experience Loved itReply
see 2 more