Cod, Chickpea & Olive Stew
photo by Moor Driver
- Ready In:
- 4 cod fish fillets, skinned, boned & cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 600 g chopped tomatoes
- 600 g chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 200 ml water
- Fry the onions in the olive oil until softened. Add the garlic, white wine, and the bay leaves, simmer until reduced slightly.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, salt & pepper (to taste) and the water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cod (cut into bite size chunks) and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I like the premise of this dish and the heath aspect. The flavors are good as far as they go. As it is I felt that it was lacking depth and after tasting I added garlic powder, coriander, cumin seed and bit of Greek oregano. This suited my taste better however I do know that seasoning preference is highly personal and many others would like it without my additions. This is a quick dish that offers wonderful nutrition in lovely way. I enjoyed it with a marinated vegetable salad and pita bread.