Coconut Thai Rice
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse jasmine rice under cold running water until water runs clear. Let drain. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, onion and gingerroot, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in coconut milk and 1-1/4 cups water; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered for 5 minutes. With a fork stir in salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a decent recipe. It is slightly sweet and has a nice subtle flavor. This is excellent paired with Thai dishes (thus coconut Thai rice). The Jasmine rice with the coconut milk is a really nice fragrance. Make sure to really soften the onions. I would add a little more ginger, maybe 2 tsp or 1 tbsp. Overall, this was a nice side dish and now knowing the flavor, I will use it in certain/specific meals.
see 5 more reviews