Coconut Soup With Chicken, Galanga Root : Tom Kha Kai
photo by Kanchanarak S.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 4 sliced thinly galangal
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in 4 chunks
- 1 -2 red Thai chile, bruised
- 5 -7 mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Put the chicken broth or water into the pot and bring to boil over medium to medium high heat.
- Add salt, lemongrass, galanga allow to simmer for 10 minutes Reduce the medium heat. Add sliced chicken in to the pot- do not stir until the soup boils again to avoid the releasing it's smell.
- Add flavor by fish sauce and lime juice. Store and taste should be sour first, not too creaminess. Serve with hot boil rice. BON APPÉTIT.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!