1. whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, honey, mustard and ginger for the sauce, cover and chill (can be made up to 6 hours ahead).
2. take half of the coconut and place in pie plate.
3. whisk together flour, beer, baking soda, salt, cayenne, and egg.
4. heat oil until it registers 350º F in a 6 quart deep heavy pot over medium high heat.
5. while the oil is heating dip each shrimp individually into batter, letting excess drip off, then dredge in coconut, coating completely and pressing gently to help adhere. Transfer to a plate and coat remaining shrimp in the same manner, adding additional coconut to pie plate as needed.
6. Fry shrimp, six at a time, turning once, until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain and season lightly with salt. Skim any coconut from oil and return oil to 350º between batches.