Coconut Pineapple Cheese Cake
I like cheese cakes!! This delicious cheese cakes uses a cake mix for an easy base. Tastes great with a cup of coffee.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pineapple flavoring (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, toasted
- Mix the dry cake mix (reserving 1/2 cup), 1/2 C butter and 1 egg.
- Grease and flour a 13x9" pan.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and bake at 350 degrees until light golden brown (about 15 min).
- Beat together all the filling ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the 1/2 C reserved cake mix with the sugar and cornstarch for the topping.
- Stir into that the crushed pineapple, flavoring and 1 egg.
- Toast the coconut on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Pour the FILLING over the partially baked crust.
- Spoon the pineapple TOPPING over the filling.
- Sprinkle the toasted COCONUT over the pineapple filling.
- Bake for 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- When done it should be a light golden brown and the filling should be set.
- Cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION