Coconut Milk Brownies With Secret Ingredient
photo by Mommaredkat
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups baby kale (chopped up finely or blended in a food processor)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- (preheat over to 350 degrees and butter or grease a 9x13" pan).
- 1. Blend dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder) in one bowl.
- 2. In another bowl, mix melted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and coconut milk until well mixed. Add kale and mix to blend.
- 3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to incorporate until you see no lumps.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1. Add the chocolate into a shallow glass and heat-proof pan (like Pyrex). Heat cream over medium heat in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Remove and pour over the chocolate. Do not disturb for a few minutes, at which point you can stir to make sure the cream and chocolate are well blended.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for a few hours until the ganache is set and can be spread as a frosting. Ganache can be kept at room temperature for up to two days and then refrigerated for at least a week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!