Light and sweet!
- Ready In:
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper or foil.
- Spray waxed paper or foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- In medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites with salt until frothy.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in coconut, flour, vanilla,& almond extract.
- Using a pastry bag with a large star or using a tablespoon, pipe or drop about 1 tablespoon of batter per macaroon, 1 inch apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake macaroons until just brown, about 20 minutes per batch.
- Place baking sheets on wire rack, cool slightly.
- Using spatula, transfer macaroons to rack and cool completely.
- Serve or store in airtight containers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I dunno if I did something wrong ar if I just didn't care for these. They came out too chewy, but when I tried to cook them longer they just darkened, but stayed the same gooey, chewy consistancy. My mom and my husband thought that they were tastey, with a light coconuty taste. I guess it was just me...Reply