Coconut Macadamia Encrusted Halibut
This one is my husbands recipe. It's considered a "treat" in our house, and he enjoys impressing guests with it.
- Ready In:
- 40 ounces halibut steaks
- 14 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 7 ounces plain breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 ounces shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- pre-heat oven to 425.
- combine coconut milk and 1/4 cup of honey in a baking dish.
- marinate halibut in the mixture for 30 minutes or longer.
- in the mean time, place macadamia nuts in food processor until finely crushed.
- combine bread crumbs, macadamia nuts and coconut shavings on a large plate or platter.
- roll halibut steaks in bread crumb mixture, and transfer to a greased baking dish or cookie sheet.
- combine remaining honey and butter in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (or until liquid).
- drizzle over halibut.
- bake for 15 minutes uncovered, or until cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation