Coconut Dream Dessert
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup chopped pecans (depends on how nutty you like things)
Filling 1st layer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Filling 2nd layer
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cook and serve coconut pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all ingredients together and press in the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes (or till lightly browned).
- set aside and allow to cool.
- beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl till smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream and spread over cooled crust.
- Cook the pudding with the milk according to package directions and allow to cool with plastic wrap on top to prevent a "skin" from forming.
- After it has cooled spread with Cool Whip and sprinkle coconut and pecans on top.
- Chill and serve.
- Prep time does not include cool down time for pudding.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was SUPER delicious! I am not a fan of coconut, but I was looking for a "dream" dessert like this for chocolate pudding. I made it the same using chocolate cook-n-serve pudding and sprinkled sifted cocoa powder over the top instead of the coconut and pecans. It was so delicious I could have eaten the whole 9x13 myself (I didn't!). The recipe is easy to make and the hardest thing was waiting for the crust and pudding to cool. I made it as a trial run for my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's bridal shower. It was such a hit, it's on the menu! I'm making it again in a few days for the shower!! Thanks for the great recipe!
I made this for company about a week ago. There were six of us and what was left of the dessert, my husband finished off by himself over the next two days. He told me it was his new "most favorite dessert". Tonight, while I was writing out a store list, he asked me to get the ingredients to make the coconut dream dessert again. Now, I am trying to stay away from desserts, so I guess he plans on eating the entire 9x12 pan himself. Needless to say, you have a big 5 star winner dessert at our house.