Coconut-Crusted Sweet Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened coconut, flaked
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lite firm tofu
- 2⁄3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- crystallized ginger (optional garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F Mix coconut and butter in a bowl. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove crust from the oven and increase heat to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, tofu, maple syrup, and spices. Puree until smooth. Pour mixture into the coconut crust and bake until the top is dry, about 30 minutes. Check to see if it's ready by inserting a knife into center of pie. If it doesn't come out clean, bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on a rack; garnish with crystallized ginger when cool, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Busy life, but there is always time for leisure and good food! I am a animal and nature lover. I am a volunteer for FLDR (Florida Dachshund Rescue) and I also participate in another club called RFVC (Rare Fruit and Vegetable of Broward County). I should make more recipes with tropical fruits, eventually I will post them public. :) Other than that - I just love traveling and now my new addiciton is World of Warcraft. - go figure, I am almost 30 and now I like playing video games.