Coconut Clusters (Dog Treats)
These are good enough for us to eat, but they are for dogs. They are very easy and involve zero cooking.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon applesauce, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk or 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup applesauce, milk, and coconut.
- Slowly add in the oats, 1/2 cup at a time; you should get a mixture that sticks together when you squeeze a small amount in your hand (if not, add the additional tablespoon of applesauce).
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop about one tablespoon of mixture, then using wet hands, form into a ball or disk shape, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Keeps up to 2 weeks, refrigerated, or up to 3 months, frozen.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
You are so right! Simple ingredients and so easy! Our sheltie gobbled up. Our chihuahua who is never fussy turned her nose up and walked away. The little dashhound is next, my little grand hound baby owned by my daughter. I made a double batch! I'll keep working on little "fussy".<br/>She usually loves fruit! Thanks!