Coconut Chocolate Tarts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cute little individual tarts that are decadent tasting. From Donna Hay's Food Fast Cookbook
- Ready In:
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 300 g quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place the egg whites, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine them.
- With wetted hands or a spoon, press the coconut mixture into eight 3/4 cup (6 fl oz) capacity, deep muffin tins, covering the base and sides to make a shell.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the shells are just beginning to turn a light golden colour.
- Cool the shells for 1 minute, then gently remove them from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the filling while the bases are cooking.
- Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove the cream from heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir through until the chocolate has melted and the filling is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the coconut tart shells and place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate filling is set.
- Serve with coffee or berries as a dessert.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Perfection! Crispy coconut crusts with smooth chocolate centers! These are quite low carb as well. I made into 12 crusts and the amount of filling was right on, up to the rim. Once I had baked the crusts, they were browning at the edges, but still slightly soggy at the bottoms. So I inverted and put them back in oven, upside down, for a bit, before cooling and filling them.Reply