Coconut Chicken Recipe (Caribbean Style/Nuwave/Flavorwave Ovens)
This is a flavorful recipe on a summer night! The coconut milk really adds a wonderful flavor to the chicken. Reminds me if being back in the Caribbean only this time I am not a on cruise ship. You can serve this with sweet potatoes and a salad.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, fry chicken breast in vegetable oil until the chicken just begins to brown. Stir onions, green bell peppers and red bell peppers into the skillet with the chicken. Saute until the onions are translucent. When the vegetables are translucent, stir in the garlic and coconut milk. Let the mixture cook 5 minutes before removing the skillet from the heat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish Cover and bake on hi for15 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an aditional 5-10 minutes.or until the vegetables cook down and the chicken is tender.