Coconut Chicken Nuggets & Paleo Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This popped up on my facebook feed and looked too good to not share here. Times are approximate.
- Ready In:
- 500 g minced chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- salt & pepper
Paleo BBQ Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl combine ¼ cup almond flour, ½ cup coconut and salt & pepper. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ground chicken, ½ cup almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, egg yolk and salt & pepper. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- In a sauté pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the chicken mixture and roll into a ball and then coat with the coconut and almond mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken. You should make about 15 to 18 chicken nugget/balls.
- In small batches place nuggets into heated coconut oil and cook on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer balls to a parchment lined bake pan and place in oven for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through. Repeat with the remaining chicken nuggets.
- Heat coconut oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Place minced shallots and garlic in sauce pan until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION