Cocoa Fudge Cake
- Ready In:
- preheat over to 350 degrees.
- grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan.
- combine sugar and flour.
- put butter, water and cocoa powder in a sauce pan, bring to boil, then combine with sugar and flour mixture.
- whisk milk, vanilla, baking soda and eggs together, then add to the rest of the mixed ingredients.
- bake for 20-25 minutes, when the cake starts to shrink away from the sides of the pan it is done.
- make frosting 5 minutes before the cake is supposed to come out of the over so it will be ready to frost at the right time.
- place butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- stir in the powdered sugar, 1/2 a cup at a time until the frostign is thickened but pourable.
- Pour over the hot cake.
alternative frosting if you want to frost when the cake is cooled:
- 1/2 cup butter, salted.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 1/3 cup cream.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- bring butter, sugar and cream to boil in a saucepan. Lower heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
- add in chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted.
- remove from heat and add vanilla.
- pour over cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!