Cocoa Chocolate Mousse With Egg Whites
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
4 6 ounces ramekins
- 1⁄3 cup pasteurized egg white
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl of electric mixer beat egg whites 2 minutes or until they’re fluffy and cling to bowl when tilted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
- Using spatula, fold egg whites into sour cream mixture in 3 batches.
- Divide among four 6 ounce ramekins.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Such a nice way to use up some vegan sour cream I had sitting around. Very rich and deep, yet fluffy. I separated my own unpasteurized eggs as I was thinking back when I tried beating the liquid pasteurized egg whites and they would not whip. Instead of the coffee granules, I added another tablespoon of cocoa powder. It had a powerful cocoa taste, in which I loved. Also used xylitol instead of brown sugar. I'm sure the brown sugar would be delightful... if only I were allowed to eat it! Thank you for this quick and easy recipe. :)