Coco Chai Rooibos Tea Blend
A delicious spice based chai, with a smooth rooibos base, and a kick of cinamon, giner, cardamom, and piquant red peppercorns. Add a strong hint of coconut, for a slightly exotic twist. Serve stright up, or infused in hot milk for a fabulous chai latte. This is my version of David's Tea's Coco Chai Rooibos Tea.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rooibos tea
- 1 -2 cinnamon stick, broken up
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn, pink
- 1 tablespoon ginger, dried slices or 1 tablespoon ginger, dried chunks
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pod, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coconut, unsweetened
- 4 -6 cloves (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together, store in a sealed container.
- To make tea, use 1.5 tsp tea per cup, steep 4-6 min in 100C water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is a lovely and very pretty tea blend. I made it as a gift for a friend and it was very quick and easy to put together, looks wonderful and smells so aromatic. Im sure the taste is great, too.<br/>Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Kat!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #61 August 2013.
This smells aromatic and exotic. The tea has a nice subtle spice to it. I did use rooibus tea bags but cut them open to use the leaves mine happened to be macadamia nut flavoured (I don't advocate the flavouring and tea leaves in bags tend to be very crushed so to strain you will need more than a sieve. I used a little less black peppercorns as when I tagged this I didn't relies it called for pink! I used the powdered ginger option, and less ground cloves as a preference, plus the unsweetened coconut of course. Made for Veggie Swap 23.