- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, nutmeg, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, and salt.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk the egg whites until barely frothy. Add the nuts to the egg whites and turn to coat. Pour the sugar and spice mixture over the pecans and stir to coat.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and place in oven until browned, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally to prevent clumping.
- Place the baking sheet on a rack to cool. Transfer the room-temperature nuts to an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!