I'm a HUGE coke fan.& I love cooking with it.Figured I'd save it here for future use
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the rice and cook until it is opaque, about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the salt to the cola and stir until dissolved (the salt helps to release some of the carbonation) and then add it to the rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium- low, cooking until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir in the raisins and the almonds and reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This rice was just okay. It was not too sweet but it was missing something. I added a little salt after I fluffed it but still needed something; maybe some onions or garlic. DH also said there were too many almonds for his taste. Was interesting making rice with Coke though! Made for PAC Fall 2011.Reply