- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- Place raisins in a steamer basket or strainer. Place over boiling water but not touchin it.
- Steam, covered, for 5 minute.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir over low heat until butter is melted, cheese is soft and mixture is well combined.
- Transfer to large bowl of mixer.
- Add powdere sugar, one cup at a time, until frosting is thick and creamy but not dry.
- Add vanilla. Stir in raisins gently.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let dry, uncovered, for 4 hours or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My ancestors are Spaniard/English, my immediate roots are from Mexico, born there, but raised in Southern California, what a mixture of cultures. Now just imagines all the recepies twirling around my head that I'm willing to share with this wonderful community. Anything hot and spicy full of flavor would be my ideal dish. Love to enjoy a great flavorful meal, it dosen't matter if it's just appetizers or a full course meal, flavor needs to be present. A good drink by its side and a quick "siesta" would close the deal. One of my favorite passtimes is trying to create and have family and friends experiece with me new recepies. It's awsome when they tell you "Where did you get this recepie?" or "Can we have seconds?" I live in Southern California, have been here for more then 37 years, different ethnic groups compliment our communities, by the way, I see that as an advantage, we get to experience different cuisines from all over the world and is only normal to us. I love Sandra Lee's Semi-home made cook meals. I believe she has made life so much easier to all of us working moms. No need to start from scratch if there's shortcuts available on a busy night. One of my passions of course is cooking but also I enjoy walking the pier at our local beach, all the way to the end. Nothing to see exept the ocean and waves dancing along to their own rhytm. The best form of relaxation for me. I have 3 kids, two beautiful daughters and a handsome son oh, and let's not forget "Keyno" our pet water turtle, he thinks our home is his domain, lol. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">