Clubhouse Pepper Jelly Chicken Salad
photo by pammyowl
- Ready In:
Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Pepper Jelly Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces mixed greens (mesclin mix)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, scant
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepper jelly vinaigrette
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled and sliced (serve hot, can sub rotissere chicken breast halves)
- To Make The Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Place into an airtight container. Refrigerate; will last a month.
- To Assemble: In a mixing bowl place lettuce and all other ingredients except chicken and toss together with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place onto a plate or in a bowl and place the fresh grilled chicken over the salad. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!