Clinton Kelly's Irish Potato and Leek Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From The Chew.com. Recipe posted for safe keeping. Clinton says "For St. Patrick's Day, make this traditional Irish soup – it's so good you'll want to French kiss the Blarney Stone! "
- Ready In:
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks (washed and sliced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices country bread (toasted golden brown)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (Irish)
- 1 cup bacon (fried crisp and chopped into small pieces)
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, leeks, celery, and garlic, and cook until all have softened and become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the stock, milk, bay leaf, and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in the parsley and half and half. Allow to cool slightly. In batches, puree in a blender.
- To make croutons, preheat broiler and place cheese slices on toasted bread. Broil until cheese is melted and browned in spots, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve soup with Irish Cheddar Croutons and sprinkled with bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION