Clementine Liqueur (Liquore Al Mandarino)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This comes courtesy of DH's Italian cousin, Teresa. It has to be made 6+ months in advance, but is worth the wait. Posting now in autumn as pretty soon clementines will be flooding the market. Prep time doesn't include the long wait.
- Ready In:
- 12 clementines
- 1⁄2 liter grain alcohol (2 1/4 cups)
- 300 g sugar (1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 liter water, warm (2 1/4 cups)
- Peel the clementines, without any white pith & slice roughly.
- Put the alcohol in a lidded container (ie a jar large enough to hold 5 c).
- Add the clementine peel.
- Leave to seep for 7 days, in the dark.
- After a week, dissolve the sugar in the warm water.
- Add the water to the clementine brew.
- Let it rest, undisturbed for 6 - 7 months.
- Serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION