photo by Dreamer in Ontario
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a gratin dish with a 1 or 2 teaspoons of butter (size suggestions: 9x5x2 gratin dish or 10" round deep pie plate or porcelain dish.
- Dust dish with flour, rotating pan so flour sticks to all the butter.
- Invert the dish to remove excess flour.
- Remove any thick white strands and the fine webbing that comes off easily from the clementines.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy.
- Add granulated sugar and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add cream and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and stir until just combined.
- Layer clementine sections in dish (they should come to almost the top of the dish).
- Pour batter over fruit until it's as close to the top of the dish as reasonably possible (there may be leftover batter).
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until nicely browned on top and a knife inserted into it comes out clean.
- Sift some powdered sugar over dessert and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Must be served within a couple of hours of making it.
- Note: You could add 1 little vanilla, anise or 1 rose water if desired though it certainly isn't necessary.
- Makes at least 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!