Classic Tuna Salad
This recipe comes from The America's Test Kitchen Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 tablespoon lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small celery rib, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles or 2 tablespoons sweet pickles
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Drain tuna in colander and shred with fingers until no clumps remain and texture is fine and even.
- Transfer tuna to medium bowl and mix in lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onion, pickles, garlic, and parsley until evenly blended.
- Fold in mayonnaise and mustard until tuna is evenly moistened. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is pretty good, but it could use a bit more seasoning. I couldn't tell there was any mustard in it. I used Polar chunk light tuna, because we find white tuna too dry, and Recipe #178304 for the pickles. Since this doesn't have much in the way of seasoning, be sure to use the best ingredients you can. Thanks for posting. Made for 1-2-3 Hits tag.