Classic Sugar Cookies
This recipe has been around for years and I'm not sure where it came from.All I know is that they are good!!! Prep time includes chill time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 8mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- colored sprinkles or egg yolk, paint
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy; add egg and flavorings.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- Cool, then decorate with egg yolk paint or as you wish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is THE best sugar cookie as far as I'm concerned!:) Exactly like the one in an old Betty Crocker cookbook I have and glad to see it posted here for my safekeeping since I use it for all my holiday sugar cookies! :) Easy recipe to follow and turn out wonderful every time! I do use a lightly floured surface to roll them out on rather then the powdered sugar. Thank you!:)Reply