CLASSIC QUICHE (70'S STYLE)
A great dish to eat while wearing bell-bottoms, and listening to a Bee Gees or 5th Demension album.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place bacon in pie shell, then sprinkle in cheese.
- In bowl, beat together eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cheese.
- Break cold butter into small pieces over top.
- Bake in 375 oven 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Cheesy and creamy and salty from the bacon. I used 3 rashers of bacon which gave me 1 cup of diced bacon. I measured out 8oz of cheddar (smoked and vintage) as that is all I had but got 4 cups but only used 2 and for a 9" pie dish only 1 cup of the egg mixture would go in (I will use the excess by adding some more eggs and scrambling for creamy scrambled egg) and even then as it cooked I had some overflow. Baked at 170C fan forced oven for 30 minutes. We enjoyed the dish with a simple tossed salad, thank you redhot, made for June Photo Event Pies and Tarts.Reply
see 1 more