Classic Nantucket-Style Grilled Fish Steaks
- Ready In:
- 4 (10 ounce) swordfish steaks or (10 ounce) sea bass steaks, about 10 ounces each, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Build a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
- Coat the steaks on both sides with mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on the cooking grate over direct medium heat. Cover and cook, turning once halfway through the cooking time, until the fish is opaque but still moist in the center, about 10 minutes.
- When done, let the fish rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with additional salt, pepper, and lemon wedges, if desired.
Join The Conversation