Classic Macaroni Salad
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- Combine cooked macaroni, celery, onion, parsley, carrots, and eggs; set aside.
- Boil the next 5 ingredients until sugar and flour dissolve; allow to cool.
- Stir in mayo and mustard; pour over macaroni mixture. Mix well.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <br /><br /><br /><a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view?t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008" /></a></p>