My mom has been making this at Christmas for years. This is a great basic cheesecake; it can be topped with anything you like. The time does not include the 8 hours that this should be cooled and refrigerated.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and butter until smooth.
- Mix in sugar, corn starch, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan.
- Add water in the larger pan to halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool another hour.
- The top of the cheesecake should be slightly brown and cracked.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION