Classic Carrot Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
WET BATTER INGREDIENTS
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves
- DRY INGREDIENTS: Sift dry ingredients together.
- WET BATTER INGREDIENTS; Using mixer on medium speed, beat remaining ingredients together until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients in order, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add carrots and pecans, mixing just until combined.
- Pour into greased and floured or non-stick 13x9-inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- ICING: Beat all ingredients together with electric mixer; spread over cooled cake. Garnish with pecans. Keep refrigerated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.