Classic Butter Crust Bread
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Add sugar, salt, buttermilk and better to the bread pan.
- 2. Spoon flour on top of liquid. Add yeast.
- 3. Select Basic/White cycle and Light Crust setting and press Start.
- Topping: After bread final rise and just before baking, press Pause.
- Raise the lid, cut 1/2 inch slash down the length of the bread.
- and brush with melted butter. Close lid and press Start to continue cycle.
- I prefer using the Dough cycle, remove, shape, let rise and bake in the oven,.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!