photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- Fry bacon 6-10 minutes or until desired crispiness (turn often with tongs).
- Put the cooked bacon onto paper towels to dry.
- Meanwhile, slice one bagel in half and toast the halves (until desired 'toastiness').
- Spread both sides of bagel with mayo.
- Layer one side of bagel with five slices of the bacon and cover with half the shredded lettuce. Top with a couple slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on other side of bagel and sandwich together.
- Make the other bagel the same way.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Terrific sandwich! I treat myself to real bacon a couple of times a year and I wanted a BLT. I made this sandwich using sun-dried tomato bagels from a local bakery. And a tip I learned at my mother's knee: if you put the bacon in between the tomato and lettuce it helps to hold the sandwich together better.