Class Buttercream Icing
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (solid white)
- 1 1 teaspoon almond flavoring (Wilton) or 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract (Wilton)
- 7 -8 teaspoons milk or 7 -8 teaspoons water
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar (pure cane)
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder (Wilton brand, you can skip if you are allergic to eggs)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- Cream shortening, flavoring, and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together.
- Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.
- For Chocolate Buttercream: Add cocoa, melted chocolate squares, and water to the recipe and mix until well blended.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.