Clams Steamed in Champagne
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs small clams, scrubbed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry champagne (or other sparkling wine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
- white pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add clams and cook two minutes, tossing gently.
- Stir in garlic and shallots.
- Add Champagne and cook three minutes. Cover and steam five minutes. Remove opened clams.
- Cover and cook remaining clams five more minutes; discard any that do not open.
- Transfer clams to bowls using slotted spoon.
- Boil liquid in pan until reduced to 2/3 cup, about five minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Mix in parsley and lemon juice. Whisk in butter, one tablespoon at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over clams and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!